Greetings from the Alano Club Board of Trustees. Here is an update on club happenings, events, contests and an update on what we’ve been up to since the last Lifeline article. We also want to let members (or potential members) know how to pay club dues and help support keeping us open!
- The back property has been cleaned up.
- Fire extinguishers have been refilled and safety checks completed
- Walls have been repaired and painted in the dining room by volunteers and our manager.
- The kitchen hood suppressor will be refilled and serviced this month
Savings & Membership:
- We are working to update our membership data with email addresses which cut down on our costs and improve our ability to get messages out to you. We will never share these addresses with anyone else and will respect you by not sending messages carelessly. Please be sure to update your records with us by emailing your name, membership # (if you have it), current phone and email address to email@example.com
- We currently have 84 dues paying members. 69 of which are eligible to vote (3 months of consecutive dues).
- Membership dues can be paid by mailing a check or money order to:
- 5056 South 300 West, Murray, UT, 84107.
- (Be sure to include your name, address, phone and email so we can credit the correct account or create a new one.)
- If you are attending meetings at the club, you can pay dues with cash or check. Talk to the meeting secretary and they will help get it paid through our kitchen staff.
- We are working to upgrade the website (https://alanoclub.slc.org) to allow online credit card payments for dues. Coming soon!
- We have a “Go Fund Me Account” for the Club. https://www.gofundme.com/f/alano-club-salt-lake-city-recovery-for-ourclub Please contribute if you can. We have not received any grants from the State of Utah, or other agencies this year, and can always use your support.
- Saturday, May 8th. Alano Club Fundraiser Ride hosted by the Free Riders.
- Meet at 8:30a for the ride registration with coffee and donuts. Registration is $20/bike and $5 for a passenger.
- Poker run and 50/50 raffle.
- BBQ hosted by the Alano Club will run from 1-4pm. It will be $5 for riders and members who are current with their dues. All others will be $10 dollars.
- All proceeds will directly benefit the Alano Club. Please come join us on the outdoor patio for a BBQ and long needed fellowship!
- New Logo Contest!
- Submissions must be in by June 4th and the board will select up to 6 of these to be voted on by our members at the June 11th dinner (see next event item for details).
- We have so many creative members, please give us your ideas and be at the dinner so you can vote on the finalists!
- Here is the current Logo:
- Friday, June 11th. First Annual Alano Club Membership Dinner!
- Dinner will be served from 6:00p – 7:45p. We will send out invitations to all current members for a complimentary steak dinner on our patio. You will be able to RSVP for yourself and buy a ticket for a guest ($15). There will be a speaker meeting you may attend following the dinner. More information to come!
News & Other Info:
- Meeting secretaries/contact people: Please emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) your name, email and phone number so we can contact you if there are last minute changes of some kind that affect your scheduled meeting.
- The club is compiling a list of members with service skills and businesses which we can use to get bids for work needed in the future before we reach out to the general business public. Please send us a description of your business or skills with contact information to email@example.com.