Greetings from the Alano Club Board of Trustees. Here is an update on club happenings, events, contests and an update on what we’ve been up to since the last Lifeline article. We also want to let members (or potential members) know how to pay club dues and help support keeping us open!
- The kitchen hood suppressor was refilled and serviced in May
- The flower beds have been cleaned up and a good deal of top soil has been added. We will raise the beds if necessary.
- We have a new keyed mailbox for security.
Savings & Membership:
- We are working to update our membership data with email addresses which cut down on our costs and improve our ability to get messages out to you. We will never share these addresses with anyone else and will respect you by not sending messages carelessly. Please be sure to update your records with us by emailing your name, membership # (if you have it), current phone and email address to email@example.com
- We currently have 94 dues paying members. 78 of which are eligible to vote (3 months of consecutive dues).
- Membership dues can be paid by mailing a check or money order to:
- 5056 South 300 West, Murray, UT, 84107.
- (Be sure to include your name, address, phone and email so we can credit the correct account or create a new one.)
- If you are attending meetings at the club, you can pay dues with cash or check or credit card (*!!!). Talk to the meeting secretary and they will help get it paid through our kitchen staff.
- We are working to upgrade the website (https://alanoclub.slc.org) to allow online credit card payments for dues. Coming soon!
- We have a “Go Fund Me Account” for the Club. https://www.gofundme.com/f/alano-club-salt-lake-city-recovery-for-ourclub Please contribute if you can. We have not received any grants from the State of Utah, or other agencies this year, and can always use your support.
- New Logo Contest!
- Submissions must be in by June 4th and the board will select up to 6 of these to be voted on by our members at the June 11th dinner (see next event item for details).
- We have so many creative members, please give us your ideas and be at the dinner so you can vote on the finalists!
- Here is the current Logo:
- Friday, June 11th. First Annual Alano Club Membership Dinner!
- Dinner will be served from 6:00p – 7:45p. We will send out invitations to all current members for a complimentary steak dinner on our patio. You will be able to buy a ticket for a guest ($15). There will be a speaker meeting you may attend following the dinner. More information to come!
- Please RSVP to Jonie in person or leave a message on the phone to let us know you’re coming so we can be prepared with enough food!
News & Other Info:
- The truck that was abandoned in the parking lot has been towed away thanks to Jonie’s son Justin! Good Riddance!
- We would like to thank everyone who purchased a flower at the club in the month of April. We raised over $400 which will be used for planting new flowers and ground cover at the club. We’ll let everyone know on Facebook when we will be planting so you can all come and help!
- We are looking into a club day at Lagoon and will have more information soon.
- Meeting secretaries/contact people: Please emails (firstname.lastname@example.org) your name, email and phone number so we can contact you if there are last minute changes of some kind that affect your scheduled meeting.
- The club is compiling a list of members with service skills and businesses which we can use to get bids for work needed in the future before we reach out to the general business public. Please send us a description of your business or skills with contact information to email@example.com.