Happy Summer from the Alano Club Board of Trustees! Here is an update on what we have been up to since the last lifeline article, club happenings and events. We also want to let members (or potential members) know how to pay club dues and help support keeping us open!
- All lights and 1 ballast upstairs have been replaced
- Swap coolers were all serviced
- Additional urinal dividers placed in the mens restroom
- Perennials were planted in all our flowerbeds ($530 was raised in previous months)
- A stop sign was placed at the building exit-this will help keep pedestrians safe
Savings & Membership
- We currently have 110 dues paying members. 89 of which are eligible to vote (3 months of consecutive dues).
- If you are attending meetings at the club, you can pay dues with cash or check or credit card (*!!!). Talk to the meeting secretary and they will help get it paid through our kitchen staff.
- Membership dues can be paid by mailing a check or money order to: ○ 5056 South 300 West, Murray, UT, 84107.
○ (Be sure to include your name, address, phone and email so we can credit the correct account or create a new one.)
- You can also call the club, when it is open, and pay with a credit card now! (801) 261-9287
- We have a “Go Fund Me Account” for the Club. https://www.gofundme.com/f/alano-club-salt-lake-city-recovery-fo r-ourclub Please contribute if you can. We have not received any grants from the State of Utah, or other agencies this year, and can always use your support.
Cosmic Bowling, Saturday, 7/31. This will be at All Star lanes in West Jordan. Check in at 6pm, bowling starts at 630pm. The evening includes 90 minutes of bowling, shoe rentals, unlimited fountain drinks,3 slices of pizza each, a $5 arcade card, cake and 50/50 raffle. The cost is $30 and tickets can be purchased from Jonie or any board member. Come have some fun and fellowship. Tickets are limited, get yours soon!
Aug: Motorcycle Wash
Sep: Bake and Craft sale
News & Other Info
- The winner of the logo contest was Tyson M. Here is our new logo:
- It will take a bit of time to change this with the state, then update our door logos and any stationary. Thank you to all who entered logos, it was a fun time at our membership steak dinner to pick a new one.
- V is back working at the club as an assistant manager. Please welcome her back and say hello.
- Meeting secretaries/contact people: Please emails (email@example.com) your name, email and phone number so we can contact you if there are last minute changes of some kind that affect your scheduled meeting.
- The club is compiling a list of members with service skills and businesses which we can use to get bids for work needed in the future before we reach out to the general business public. Please send us a description of your business or skills with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The membership steak dinner was a huge success. Thank you to Jonie for all the work and cooking she put into the evening.This will be a yearly event.