Greetings from the Alano Club Board of Trustees. We hope you have all survived the rain we had the last part of August. Here is an update on club happenings, events, and an update on what we’ve been up to since the last Lifeline article. We also want to let members (or potential members) know how to pay club dues and help support keeping us open!
- Our kitchen grill is currently being refurbished. (not all burners were working nor both ovens) It is also being scrubbed of all grease on the back, which was a fire hazard.
- A security gate has been installed at the bottom of the stairs to keep folks from wandering into the closed area. (which happens often and the gate was donated) This will also help to keep our employees safe.
- Dead tree limbs have been taken out of the big tree close to the north entrance. (this was a danger to folks in the area)
- Our four wooden doors upstairs have been refurbished (by volunteers) and are currently being reinstalled. This will help alleviate the noise and disruptions between the 2 meeting rooms.
Savings & Membership:
- We currently have 121 dues paying members, 102 of which are eligible to vote (3 months of consecutive dues). There are also 44 eligible for the board-3 spots will be available the end of January)
- If you are attending meetings at the club, you can pay dues with cash, check or credit card (*!!!). Talk to the meeting secretary to get it paid through our kitchen staff.
- You can also use our Facebook Shop with a credit card. (look at the top of the FB page) to pay your dues.
- We have a “Go Fund Me Account” for the Club. https://www.gofundme.com/f/alano-club-salt-lake-city-recovery-fo r-ourclub Please contribute if you can. We have not received any grants from the State of Utah, or other agencies this year, and can always use your support.
- Recovery Days – Salt Lake Recovery Day returns in person this year! Saturday, September 11, 2021 at the Gallivan Plaza, from 2p-8p. The Alano Club will have a booth with recovery and Alanon information. Come visit our booth! This event supports and empowers individuals in recovery and recognizes the contributions of family members. The day includes sponsor and vendor exhibits, speakers, live music, food trucks, face painting, and an area with fun activities for kids! This nationally awarded event is free and open to the public. We hope to reach many who need our help at this event.
- September 25 – Club Day at Lagoon! Tickets will be $65 Adult and $52 child. We will sell these at our booth for Recovery Days and will also have them available to purchase at the club.
- October 30 – CA Halloween Party and Dance – more info to come
- Possible future events: (the Sept 18- 5k,12k run has been postponed till next spring.
- Oct 2 – Motorcycle and Car Wash
- Oct 16 – Chili Cookoff
- Nov 25 – Thanksgiving Turkey Lunch/Dinner
- Dec 18 – Booseville Bombers Christmas Show
- Dec 25 – Christmas Prime Rib Lunch/Dinner
News & Other Info:
- The club is now open 7 days a week! Please find our meeting schedule at alanoclubslc.org. We have volunteers helping with many of the meetings right now on Monday and Tuesdays. We have just hired additional employees who are in training and our goal is to have the club open 7 days a week with employees soon.
- The kitchen opening has been delayed and we are hoping it will be sometime in September. This will be with a limited menu and hours. To begin, we will offer Friday / Saturday evening meals and Saturday / Sunday breakfast. Prices will reflect the increased cost of food today. For more information, follow our website and look for postings at the club.
- We are always looking for volunteers to assist at the club. If you are interested, please talk to one of the kitchen staff and they can schedule you on a particular day.